
I know this is not news to most of you. I was waiting to tell the Internet world until after my 20-week ultrasound, but yes, we're pregnant with Baby Yates #2 and Baby Yates #3. We are having twins! Surprise! We were trying for baby number two and got surprised with twins. Do twins run in the family? Well, I guess they do. (p.s. that is the most common question I get usually immediately after I say that I'm pregnant with twins) I didn't know before I got pregnant, but apparently my grandmother also had the ability to produce two eggs. :) We were so overwhelmed and shocked for so long, but after the initial adjustment, we are now really excited about what lies ahead. We found out last Monday that both babies are boys -- fraternal twin boys since they both have separate sacs/placentas/etc. So far, both babies look healthy and measure great so we're extremely happy about that.
This pregnancy has already been so different. I had a ton of round ligament pain really early on, and I have already had Braxton-Hicks contractions and pelvic pressure. Because I'm also a Type 1 diabetic, the pregnancy is high-risk/high-risk (as I like to call it) so I have a million doctor's appts. I see a high-risk OB, my regular OB, my endocrinologist and an eye doctor. I even had a dentist appt on Tuesday. I feel like all I ever do is go to the doctor.
We know Nora will have a big adjustment period, but are hoping since she loves "mothering" her baby dolls she will get used to the idea of having them around eventually. And we're hoping she'll feel special being the only girl and our little princess.
Here's another picture of Nora and a video of her singing "Rock-a-bye baby" to Daddy - who she had just ordered to "Close your eyes and go night-night". We don't have any ultrasound pictures in digital format yet and I hate using our old desktop to scan things, so hopefully at one of the next several ultrasounds I'll convince the tech to burn me a CD.

1 comment:
Congratulations to you and Jarrod and Nora! VERY exciting news- that I confess, I did already know but figured would be revealed at some point on your blog! I'm thrilled for you all and can't wait to watch this space as the babies (and Mommy) grow and change :)
Post a Comment