Monday, September 6, 2010

The new big purchase, the belly and Nora

Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We spent the majority of ours simplifying our house -- aka purging some of the ridiculous belongings we had gathered over seven years of marriage (two with a child). We did manage to get out to the Arts, beats and eats festival, a big party in downtown Royal Oak with great bands on something like six different stages, food from local restaurants in "tasting" tents, beer, wine and artists. We mostly hung out at the kids stage and ate food. The part I want to brag about is that we rode our bikes to the festival (a little over two miles)!!! I'm sure it was a little funny sight seeing a 22-week pregnant lady riding her bike, but I managed. And I made it! It was $15 to park and as local residents we just didn't see the point.

I also haven't told the Internet world yet that we bought a minivan! Of course I am among those who always said they wouldn't own one! Ha! And I even went so far as to try to test drive a lot of other options including an old Dodge Durango. Having to fit three car seats into a vehicle just made things almost impossible so I had to give in. Plus it was really the only thing we could afford. Then to make matters worse the best deal we could get was on a white one. So I couldn't even get a stylish color like blue or maroon, I had to get white. I have to say though -- WE LOVE IT! I remember my friend Missy saying her minivan was the nicest vehicle she ever owned after she got it and thinking she's crazy. She's right though! It is so roomy. It is so much easier to get Nora in and out. It's really kinda great. :)

Pics of the van, Nora and the twin belly below. Have a good one!


Spaghetti face


The new van




22 weeks pregnant

1 comment:

Mom said...

Van looks awesome! Nora's a doll! and the belly is not bad at all!