Well, last week was a doozie. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. We have been trying hard to get our house ready for the upcoming arrivals. We needed to do some serious purging that has involved some Craigslist sales, a garage sale and a lot of donating. Of course all of that stuff was replaced with double the baby stuff!!! :) :) :) Last week I entered into my 27th week of pregnancy with a bang. Early Sunday morning at 2 a.m. I got woke up to a splitting headache that stuck around for about 14 hours before I called my OB. They made me go to labor and delivery and were worried about clotting, high blood pressure, etc. so I had to be admitted. We finally found something that worked and I got some relief on Monday and was able to go home. Then on Thursday morning I got hit with the stomach flu or food poisoning -- I'm not sure which. Either way, it was miserable. Not being able to eat while you're pregnant is not fun! :) :) Believe it or not, the liquid diet cured that after about 28 hours and then came the preparation for the biggest event of the year yet! The Iowa vs. Michigan game at the Big House in Ann Arbor. Jarrod bought me tickets off Ebay for my birthday this year and I have been hoping and praying that I would still be good enough to go. Boy did this week try to test me beforehand. But I'm happy to say that I made it. And the game was worth it. What a terrific game it was! The Hawks were victorious and the stadium atmosphere was amazing. There were tons of Hawkeyes there and we even got to see good friends Missy and J, and Rusty and Cindy. We had a great time. Some pics below and also some bonus pics of Nora since I left her out of this post :)

Our view -- really close - this was an extra point after a touchdown




I thought Clayborn looked way smaller in person than he looks on TV

Had this T-shirt made for the game

Grandma and Nora at the zoo earlier this month

Brandy and Nora sporting their fairy wings earlier this month
2 comments:
Maybe some day you will return to the stadium to watch those 2 future Hawkeyes play!
Post a Comment