Jarrod has had a big few weeks and I wanted to dedicate this post to him because I'm so amazed at what an amazing year he has had. In the past year ... Jarrod has helped his wife through a rough pregnancy as I grew 13 pounds of babies inside me. He was always there for me ... a voice of reason in a sea of "I can'ts" and "this sucks". He did an amazing job keeping me laughing even though I know I was not easy to be around!!! He took written boards in October and passed with flying colors scoring exceptionally well. Next we added two twin boys to our family. He has always been a hands-on dad and despite the busy year he had he didn't treat these new additions any differently. In the early days, he took the late-night shift staying up with the boys until midnight or 1 a.m. most nights to do the "late-night" feeding. The boys love their daddy and often smile biggest when he comes home from work. Nora and daddy have the most special bond and she just beams when she spends time with him. And he beams when he spends time with her. Jarrod just finished taking oral boards in May and we recently found out he passed those with flying colors as well. Two sets of boards in one year. It felt like he never stopped studying, but it paid off. He is now officially a board-certified radiologist! Last weekend, I watched him graduate from residency. It is hard to believe he is officially done with residency (except for the four more days he has at the end of the month). It has been such a long road but I've watched him grow and we've grown together. I'm so proud of him and so glad he is almost done. That's right -- I said almost. :) He still has one more year of training left. He'll be doing a musculoskeletal fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Last night we celebrated 8 years of marriage and today we celebrated Father's Day. Tonight I can say that I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such an amazing husband who has become such an amazing father.

Jarrod with his program director, Dr. Paesano

Jarrod with co-residents Bill and Dan as they are announced at graduation

Jarrod shaking hands as he is presented his certificate

Jarrod celebrating after his graduation :)

Nora and Daddy in Nora's new pool

Water slide

Grant's priceless smile

Happy Father's Day -- Jarrod with all three kids

Dylan admiring Nora

Tummy time

Jarrod with his handmade card from Nora

Nora with Mama and Daddy

Outside time
No comments:
Post a Comment