Sunday, July 11, 2010

More summer

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been slacking so much on blogging! The summer makes it so much harder. Nora loves to be outside and she is getting harder and harder to distract so we are constantly on the go.

We've also been majorly slacking at taking pictures lately. I took zero pictures on Father's Day -- boo! But we spent the day before Father's day at the water park so on Father's day we just took it easy. We went out for a rib dinner at The Oxford Inn -- best ribs around!!!!! Nora made Jarrod a shirt with her handprints all over it at daycare and I got him a renewed subscription to his beer of the month club so it was a good day for him. He is a GREAT dad and him and Nora share an incredible bond so it was nice to celebrate him.

Next up -- Fourth of July. No pictures again! Fail! However, our babysitter Emilie took some pictures so she said she'd e-mail them to me. We had a whirlwind weekend that included Nora and Jarrod walking with me and all of my dance students in the Clarkston Fourth of July parade. We had a great time watching all the kids pick up candy -- I'm not sure Nora knew what was going on but as usual she was putting on a show for the dance students beforehand by showing off all her dance moves. We continued the weekend with a party at our good friends Bill and Jennye's house and fireworks later that night. Nora was a tad clingy during the fireworks, but she hasn't stopped talking about them since then. And Nora and I tried to finish up the weekend at the Clawson Fourth of July Parade and festival with my friend Melissa and her son Connor but it was SO INCREDIBLY HOT that we barely made it on one choo-choo ride, saw about half the parade and scarfed down a hot dog before we had to head back to air conditioning.

This weekend my good college friend Briony visited us from Seattle on her way to New York. Nora and her really hit off and Bri and I had fun catching up. I wish she lived closer but it was a special weekend. Unfortunately again, NO PICS! However, I did include some random park pictures below and a video of Nora singing "Twinkle, Twinkle". It is not her best rendition, but you'll get the point.



Daddy and Nora on the swing together -- Nora's not quite sure what to think.


Just posin for a pic


No comments: